By Sean Sheehan
Read or Download Zizek: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed) PDF
Best philosophical movements books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Continental Philosophy: A severe technique is a lucid and wide-ranging advent to the main figures and philosophical pursuits of the 19th and 20th centuries. contains chapters on Hegel; Marx and Western Marxism; Schopenhauer, Freud, and Bergson; Nietzsche; hermeneutics; phenomenology; existentialism; structuralism,; poststructuralism; French feminism; and postmodernism.
Phrases like "terrorism" and "war" now not surround the scope of up to date violence. With this explosive ebook, Adriana Cavarero, one of many world's such a lot provocative feminist theorists and political philosophers, successfully renders such phrases out of date. She introduces a brand new note& mdash;"horrorism"& mdash;to trap the adventure of violence.
This landmark publication, first released in 1979, met acclaim as a doubly very important paintings of radical philosophy. Its topic, Jean-Paul Sartre, used to be one of the 20th century's so much arguable and influential philosophers; its writer, István Mészáros, used to be himself constructing a name for profound contributions to the Marxian culture, which might proceed into the subsequent century.
- Ethics and Phenomenology
- Jean-Luc Nancy and the Future of Philosophy
- The Multivoiced Body: Society and Communication in the Age of Diversity
- Proto-Phenomenology and the Nature of Language: Dwelling in Speech I (New Heidegger Research)
- Späte Texte über Zeitkonstitution (1929-1934): Die C-Manuskripte (Husserliana: Edmund Husserl – Materialien) (German Edition)
- Ethics of Husserl's Phenomenology (Continuum Studies in Continental Philosophy)
Additional info for Zizek: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed)
Zizek: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed) by Sean Sheehan