By Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn
- the ordinary determine of the predatory, immoral bisexual guy within the novels of E. Lynn Harris
- the neglected bisexual issues in James Baldwin's vintage novels one other state and Giovanni's Room
- the murderous bisexual males in such movies as Blue Velvet and American Commandos
- the portrayal in women's magazines of the bisexual husband as a promiscuous, deceitful AIDS provider
- the conflicts inside of sexual-identity politics among homosexual males and bisexual males
- the focal point on bisexual orientation, instead of sexual habit, as a probability issue for AIDS Continuing the culture of Bisexuality within the Lives of fellows: proof and Fictions, Bisexual males in tradition and Society deals a super research of the lives of bisexual males and their precarious place inside a racist, sexist, and homophobic society.
Read or Download Bisexual Men in Culture and Society PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
This diary is without doubt one of the most unique produced throughout the Civil battle since it includes little or no approximately army existence. Early within the battle Van Buskirk deserted his regiment, operating as a schoolmaster, farmhand, and informal laborer. He wrote of the pain civilians continued by the hands of contending armies.
Dense dwelling stipulations in Hong Kong don't supply a lot privateness for lesbians and different sexual minorities dwelling with their households. therefore, lesbians usually find substitute areas to boost aid networks with different ladies. Others reject the thought of lesbian areas and in its place assert their visibility in several points of daily life.
For many years, the historical past of sexuality has been a multidisciplinary venture serving competing agendas. Lesbian, homosexual, and queer students have produced robust narratives by way of tracing the gay or queer topic as non-stop or discontinuous. but organizing old paintings round different types of id as general or irregular usually obscures how sexual concerns have been recognized or spoke of long ago.
Hailed by means of Plato because the “Tenth Muse” of old Greek poetry, Sappho is inarguably antiquity’s maximum lyric poet. Born over 2,600 years in the past at the Greek island of Lesbos, and writing amorously of ladies and males alike, she is the namesake lesbian. What’s left of her writing, and what we all know of her, is fragmentary.
- Sunday Morning, A Testimony of Life
- Love and Money: Queers, Class, and Cultural Production (Critical Cultural Communication)
- Debates in Transgender, Queer, and Feminist Theory (Queer Interventions)
- Beyond Sex and Gender
- Strong: 85 Affirmations for gays coming out, bullied, or feeling suicidal
- Coming Out Under Fire: The History of Gay Men and Women in World War II
Extra info for Bisexual Men in Culture and Society
Bisexual Men in Culture and Society by Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn